Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Letter of Concern

321 Green Street
Awesomeville, British Columbia,
B4A 8N9

May 25, 2011

123 Main Street
Sportsville, British Columbia,
V2A 1W3

Dear Mr. Kleats:

My name is Jenny Douglas. Sarah, my daughter, is a player on your U13 soccer team. I would like to express my concerns regarding your coaching tactics.

I understand you are a busy man with a family of your own, but with the high price of fees parents have to pay for hours of practice and a tournament each week, punctuality is necessary from their coach. If you arrive early or on time to practice and games, the kids will have the time to get a good warm up in before starting drills or games. Also, practices seem quite disorganized. For young kids, discipline in drills is needed to learn how to perform well under pressure. If you could please be more serious with the kids while running drills they will improve at a quicker pace.

I would also like to address the issue of playing time. Though a competitive behavior from a coach can be a good coaching style, and it is hard coming from a professional background, these kids are still at a young age and need to be treated as equals. All the parents are paying the same amount for their kids to be a part of this team, and each kid needs a chance to improve just as much as the stronger players. As these kids are under the age of thirteen, there is no good reason for the coach to be yelling at the players, a more positive attitude towards the players would keep the kids wanting to come back.

I hope you will take my suggestions into consideration. You are a very strong coach and I look forward to seeing you at the next game. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Jenny Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment